The 2018 Board of Directors is Led by James Speer as President
The Home Builders Association of Greenville has elected its new 2018 Board of Directors that oversee the association’s happenings throughout the year. James Speer, Partner at CarsonSpeer Builders, will serve as President of the Board for a one-year term.
“To be recognized by my peers and to be able to serve them as President of the Board of Directors for the HBA of Greenville is a great honor,” Mr. Speer said. “We’ve been able to accomplish a lot for the building community in Greenville and we plan to continue pushing that positive momentum onward and upward.”
In addition to serving as President for the Board of Directors for the Home Builders Association of Greenville, James holds an Approved Professional Builder distinction. He was initially drawn to the Upstate region in 2012 when he partnered with Steve Carson to form CarsonSpeer, a company specializing in custom homes construction and high-end remodels. James started his residential building career in Orlando, Florida, owning Speer Homes and was previously in commercial construction. He graduated from Clemson University with a degree in Construction Science and Management.
The 2018 Board of Directors for the Home Builders Association of Greenville includes the following:
- Matt Shouse, LS Residential—President Elect
- Bill Kane, Ryan Homes—Vice President
- Alan Wilson, Clark’s Termite and Pest Control—Associate Vice President
- Bob Barreto, GBS Building Supply—Immediate Past President
- Ben Mosely, The Heirloom Companies—Secretary/Treasurer
- Chris Bailey, Stoneledge Properties, LLC—Director
- Jarrett Smith, Smith and Webb, LLC—Director
- Scott Presley, Oconee Federal—Director
- Dave Hagan, Ryan Homes—Director
- Dustin Hughes, Jeff Lynch Appliance and TV Center—Director
- Nichole Moore, Berkshire Hathaway C. Dan Joyner—Director and Chairwoman of the Professional Women in Building Council of the Upstate
- Sarah Ratcliff, Michael’s Janitorial and Floor Service—Director and Chairwoman of the Professional Women in Building Council of the Upstate
About the Home Builders Association of Greenville
The Home Builders Association of Greenville was founded on January 16, 1960. The association was officially organized and chartered as an affiliate of the National Association of Home Builders on that date in 1960. The association was formed so home builders and other professionals in the home building industry could work together and cooperate in promoting the industry, new homes, home remodeling, repairs and improvements, and other areas of interest to the home building industry. The association began with a few dedicated members and has grown to almost 500-member firms today. For more information, please call 864-254-0133, or visit http://www.hbaofgreenville.com.