As I write this out, it is officially the last day of the school year for my soon-to-be second grader. Summer is sure to fly by faster than this last school year has. I’ve got a recipe for you that you can make ahead of time & pop out of the fridge. You could easily use these as a protein packed snacks or serve alongside some fresh fruit & chips as an easy lunch or dinner. This is also another recipe that you can suit to your food preferences. Get creative with this one & be sure to tag Jeni’s Kitchen in a photo of your creations on Facebook & Instagram!
Buffalo Chicken Wraps: Inspired by Five Ingredient Buffalo Pinwheels by Cooking for Keeps
- 1 ½ C mild cheddar
- 1 ½ C shredded (cooked) chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 C Frank’s Red hot sauce (add more or less depending on your desired heat)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- 4 – 6 inch flour tortillas or flavored wraps (gluten free is optional here or use lettuce wraps if you plan to not cut into smaller pinwheels)
- OPTIONAL add ins: dried cranberries, minced celery, minced broccoli, crumbled bleu cheese
- Mix cooked chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce and green onions (& any optional add ins) until fully combined.
- Spread on to tortillas.
You have a choice here to serve these as full wraps or cutting them into smaller pinwheels. Do what works best for you. If planning on cutting into pinwheels I suggest doing that soon before serving rather than the day before as they can dry out quicker if left cut open & refrigerated over 24 hours, if serving later, individually wrap rolls in plastic & refrigerate.
Wrap tortillas up jelly-roll style and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Pop into the fridge to chill for 10 minutes prior to serving
- Garnish with sliced green onion