Since 2000, Better Business Bureau® of the Upstate (BBB) has been recognizing businesses who display an outstanding level of ethics and integrity in their everyday business dealings. These businesses generate a high level of trust among their employees, customers and communities. The nominations are officially open to all Upstate for-profit businesses, and the deadline to recommend a company is August 31, 2018. An individual can nominate or apply for any of the following types of companies for a Business of Integrity Award:
- The company (s)he works for or owns
- An affiliate company
- A company with whom they do business
- Any other company meeting the Business of Integrity Award Standards
So how does it work? A company must first be nominated for the award, which you can do by clicking here. There are four available size categories based upon the number of employees. After a company is nominated, they are asked to complete a formal entry. The three awards companies can apply for are Marketplace Ethics, Customer Service and Community Service.
1) Applicant must be a company that demonstrates:
- Ethical practices in the marketplace
- Honest marketing and advertising practices
- Community industry recognition for sound business practices
- Effective training and assistance for their employees in carrying out ethical policies
2) Applicant must submit an essay or business profile questionnaire not to exceed 1,000 words stating why their company should be considered for this award. The nominated company will be required to pay $100 entry fee which will apply to one category. Applications for additional categories will require an additional $50 fee for each category and a separate application for each category. The entry fee of $100 will include two tickets to the BBB Business of Integrity Dinner on Thursday, November 8 at the Hilton Greenville where finalists and award winners will be recognized. Only 2 tickets included regardless of the number of categories entered.
All entries will be reviewed by an independent panel of judges and award recipients will be determined for each category. For more information, click here, or feel free to contact Tammy Dankovich at (864)242-5052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.