Miracle Hill Ministries has hired retired Michelin executive Ken Kruithof to serve as the non-profit’s Chief Operating Officer, a role in which he will be responsible for the overall operations of the organization. Kruithof will oversee infrastructure and earned income along with programming through Miracle Hill’s adult homeless shelters, addiction recovery centers, children’s homes, and foster care.
“Ken is a mature, Christian leader who is highly qualified for this role having spent decades at Michelin developing and managing various divisions and identifying emerging leaders and preparing them to lead,” said Reid Lehman, President/CEO of Miracle Hill Ministries. “These skills will be very helpful in identifying, growing and promoting leaders at Miracle Hill and in the identification and grooming of a future President/CEO at the appropriate time.”
Kruithof received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from the College of New Jersey in 1975, after which he immediately began his career with Michelin. During his tenure at Michelin, Kruithof held various positions including North American Marketing & Sales Career Manager, Managing Director of Michelin (Oceania), and most recently, Vice President of Operations (Original Equipment Passenger & Light Truck, North & South America).
In addition to his business career, Kruithof has served as a Board member of Trans World Radio, Focus on the Family International, and United Ministries in Greenville, SC. He is currently serving as an Elder at Fellowship Greenville.
“I am honored and humbled to be joining a ministry team that has been caring for those in need in the Upstate for more than 80 years,” said Kruithof. “Miracle Hill daily provides living examples of Jesus’ love, and I look forward to working with the great leadership team and serving the staff and guests.”
Miracle Hill Ministries currently has 360 employees and an annual operating budget of $24.6 million, when in-kind donations are included. Only 14% of total revenue is used for administrative and fundraising costs, with the remaining 86% being used for programs, shelters and thrift operations. Every day Miracle Hill serves an average of 650 individuals in its nine shelters across the Upstate. Charity Navigator has given the organization a 4-star rating for fiscal responsibility, accountability and transparency.
About Miracle Hill Ministries
Miracle Hill Ministries is the Upstate’s largest, most comprehensive provider of services to homeless children and adults. Serving the Upstate since 1937, Miracle Hill’s programs include rescue shelters for the homeless, residential addiction recovery, transitional housing, shelters for children, and foster care. Miracle Hill’s eight thrift stores provide employment opportunities for the community as well as Miracle Hill guests transitioning out of programs. Miracle Hill has been recognized as a Certified Mission and has been awarded the Certificate of Excellence by the Association of Gospel Rescue Missions (AGRM), a distinction given to fewer than 30 missions nationwide. For more information about Miracle Hill, please visit www.MiracleHill.org or call 864.268.4357. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.